Monday, October 26, 2015

Me again

Ohhhh Hej! 

Me again. 

It's that time of year when people start making fun of my last name super hard! Even in Sweden. I love this time of year though, and I just gotta say... Fall looks dang good on Sweden. Traveling through the country side is a spiritual experience just seeing all the colors and trees and all that good stuff! 

So the last two weeks have been sort of crazy. We have been trying to pack in everything possible since Stoeltz only has a sliver of time left before he rolls out! The benefits of being with a "dying" missionary are actually pretty nice because you get to experience all of the culture events, shopping, and member dinners without having to pack a single bag. I just kinda roll with it. I'm just along for the ride. 

In order to catch you all up on the happenings in Borås I have compiled an easy to read list: 
-Stake Conference in Göteborg 
-"Elders Conference" which was a district meeting where we knew the sisters couldn't come so we through in some manly speeches inspired by artofmanliness.com 
-Splits with everyone in our district! We travel around to Jönköping and Skövde 
-A whole lots of Stoeltz's "lasts" (Last Kebab, Last P-Day, Last Sunday) 
-We had a "funeral" for Stoeltz. It had a full program including Musical Numbers, Talks, Eulogies, and poems. 
-We are surströmming (remember the rotten fish?!) as a district. I decided not to fall for that again, so I just watched and laughed from a distance. 
-An 8 y.o. Member in our ward got baptized! 
-Our ward mission leader got married (ewwww cooties!) 
-Lots more 

Funny thing: On Sunday Stoeltz gave his departing testimony, but the bishops son also just came home from his mission so it was his Homecoming. On top of it all we have another Sister leaving on a mission to Canada... So it was her farewell. DANG. It was a missionary Sunday and we got to see every side of the spectrum. 

Life is happening so quickly I forgot to mention that I am staying in Borås and I am getting a new companion named Äldste Johanson. He has a Swedish name, but he is from Utah. That is basically all that I know about him right now. He comes in on Wednesday though! Nifty. 

We have been visiting a lot of members in the later part of this month for good byes and I have noticed that Borås really does have some amazing people. People are amazingly kind to us and they feed us some really great food. I am just grateful for the people here. Members really can make a difference in the lives of missionaries through small acts of kindness. 

I will close with a funny story: 
This week while traveling back from splits (Jönköping to Borås) our bus driver gets on the intercom and mumbles something in a language that sounded more like Danish. Well I heard something about Borås but I just figured he was announcing we were coming in soon. NOPE. He just blew through Borås and we were on our way to Göteborg (about 1 hour further) without any say in the situation. It was just one of those "oh well" sort of moments. What is a usual occurrence for missionaries would sometimes be a big deal for the average person.  I just think the whole concept of missionary travel is chaotic, but it's all fun. 

Love/hugs

-Äldste Camden Treat 

P.S. the really weird pictures come from the bus station in Jönköping. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... 







1 comment:

  1. Explore and experience the remote villages, ethical people, culture and tradition and off the beaten track through Community trek operated by Nepal Footprint Holiday.

    ReplyDelete