Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 3 in Sweden

Hej hej alla! It's me again! I'm sure you have all had a stressful week because you have been counting down to the next time you could read on my blog. Well have no fear, I am back! So, here we go. I've been in Sweden for three weeks now! I am learning things every single day and I am totally loving the beatuy of Sweden and the Swedish language. I have  been on a mission for 2 months now! In some ways it has gone crazy fast, and in some ways I feel like I can barely remember being a normal person. But I am 9% done with my mission and that feels really weird. Anyways, i know you want to know all about my week so with further to do....

Lock Out :(
So here is a really sad story. Last Monday we went to an investigator's house for dinner in a different area than our own. We had really awesome steaks and it was super fun but Elder K made a huge mistake. He put me in charge of the keys... and if you know me from real life you know that i leave things EVERYWHERE. So we were happily riding the elevator to our apartment when i realized that our keys were at the investigator's house who lives 45 minutes away. And it is 10:00 at night. So we had to do an impromtu sleep over with the Karlaplan Elders and then get our keys the next morning. So now Elder K has to keep an eye on me when I am in charge of really important things!

Tracting Adventures
So in our area we have been having a hard time finding people to teach and getting people who are interested in investigating the church. So we try to do a lot of contacting! Contacting is basically just walking around and talking to everyone like a crazy person. In order to make contacting more fun we decided that we would pick destinations in our area and then contact everybody we saw on the way to them. This week we went to a far corner of our island called Elfvik! It took about 3 hours but we talked to a ton of people and we made it to the coast. It was super beautiful. In Sweden there are always forest paths we have to take to get to places. You would think that there wouldn't be people to contact... but there is! Swedes love to wlak through the forest so it actually isn't a bad place to be. The forests here are really cool because they seem like a place where elves or trolls or some nerdy thing could live.It makes it fun! Sometimes contacting is hard though because people don't speak Swedish or English since there is a lot of immigration. We just give them mormon.org cards so it is all good! 

I cant think of a title!
This week we had Zone Training in Stockholm and afterward we went to Pizza Hut! I am very offended because Swedish pizza doesn't have pepperoni. They just have things like blue cheese and shrimp! But it was a buffet style pizza hut so I can't complain. Zone training was good because we learned that we shouldn't place limitations on ourselves or let any kind of limitation stop us. It made me want to work harder and be better, so I guess it kind of fulfilled it's purpose! Funny how that works. This week was really fun. Between members dinners, random contacting, and hanging out with missionaries we end of finding a lot of opportunities to have fun. 

Funnies
-I've started smoking cigarettes. Before you freak out let me explain! In Sweden people smoke so much I think that every single time I breath I am taking in cig smoke! Especially in the city. So I bet by the end of the day I am smoking 3 or 4 a day. I have no idea how many actually, i just know it is pretty nasty! We need the word of wisdom up in this piece! 
-Sweden is really quiet. It doesn't matter if you are on the bus, on the train, in a crowd... it is SILENT. Most of the time my companion and I are the only ones talking (Loud Americans) so it is weird. Nobody talks to eachother! So take a moment, and just imagine a Swedish sacrament. The silence is deafening! I don't even want to move because I worry my clothes will bursh together and ruin the silence. It is quite ridiculous

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope your week was as awesome as mine! 
Stay foxy! (What does that mean? Im not sure.)

-Äldste Treat 

Good times

Ironic. 


Subway Station

Doggie Obstacle Course

I'm totally harmless I promise!

Good idea or nah?

Elfvik Coast


Elfvik Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment