Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week Three: Check!

Hej Hej alla!

This is Äldste Treat reporting another great week live from Provo, Utah! So this week has been a bit chaotic, which is really quite awesome. At the MTC the schedule is always the same. I do the exact same things Monday through Saturday so anything that makes the week different is really nice. So I'm sure you are all just dying to hear about my week so låt oss gå! (Swedish is really similar to English, i bet you can guess what that means!)

Hump Day
I am halfway done with my time at the MTC! Isn't that crazy? 3 weeks down and 3 more to go! Don't get me wrong, the MTC is not a bad place to be. I am just really excited to fly to Sweden! I am also glad I have 3 more weeks because I am definitely nowhere near ready for 24/7 Swedish. Right now I can say basically everything i want, except it is very simple, and very mispronounced. I can understand so much more than I can speak though! I am currently reading through Mormons Bok very, very slowly. It is helping my Swedish though so that is fun! I am also teaching 2 Investigators named Niklas and Kris. They are my teachers, but they are pretty good actors so it almost feels real. They pretend not to understand any English so sometimes I get into situations where I have to get creative to teach them. Usually i can say what I want but if i get in a pinch i draw or play charades with them. The teachers think it is funny. It is crazy how much Swedish we all know even though we have been here 3 weeks. Learning the language and teaching with it is definitely my favorite thing about the MTC.

Awesome Devotional
On Sunday night we heard from an awesome speaker named Elder Heaton who is the Administrative Director of the MTC. He taught us about the most basic part of this gospel: Belief in God. In the countries that my zone is going to we will literally be defending the existence of God every single day. That is our battle! He talk to us all about how an investigator comes to feel Gods love, and how we can know God better. It was so good for me and really applies to my mission. Please please please go and watch the Mormon Message titled "The Hope of God's Light" it is the second best video the church has produced only falling behind the Because Of Him video. The church is really stepping up their media and I think this is really going to help some people.

District Whaaaaat?
So this week we had interviews on Sunday and I have been appointed as district leader of Swedish District 37D! Isn't that nifty? I will be district leader until we land in Sweden! So far i absolutely HATE being the leader because one of my responsibilities is to get the mail for my district daily. It is my job to inform the kids who don't get mail that they don't have anything...and that is awful. I guess on the other hand I am the one who delivers the mail to the kids who do get it, so I kinda feel like Santa Claus! Mail time is like a mini-Christmas. Make sure to write your missionaries people! We love it. 

Bed Bugs
Let's just say that the MTC is not a Hilton. This week there have been two rooms in my hall that have BED BUGS! Ewwwww. So that is awesome (*sarcasm*) To make it worse we got 16 new kids going to the Netherlands this week and some of them have Bed Bugs. Welcome to the MTC I guess. Luckily my room is bed bug free so far!  Since some of the kids in my district had to quarantine their room, they moved into my room. So we have 5 in one room that is barely meant for two. Basically, we just have to laugh at ourselves and be grateful that the bed bugs are gone...for now. It is kinda like a sleepover every night now! 

Giggles
I spend a lot of time at the MTC laughing because so many weird things happen. Here are some funny things from this week!
-I saw a kid ironing his sheets. Why? I don't know. I guess that is what happens when you don't have TV, music, or movies. You have to find ways to entertain yourself.
-There is a kid in my district who forgot to bring jeans for service, but he found some jeans hidden in a "Narnia Hole." (A narnia hole is a place where past elders hid things in the room for future elders to find. Its like geocaching...sort of) So now he wears those to service. I'm sure there is a gospel lesson in their somewhere. The Lord always provides a way!
-The Danes waged war on us this week. On Monday they attacked us in the Residence Hall with squirt guns that they got in the mail from their moms. The only thing we had to fight back with was licorice so it turned into a candy war and pretty soon there was Jolly Ranchers flying everywhere. We made a mess but we cleaned it up. I'm pretty sure that we are planning a sneak attack on the Danes sometime soon. 

So yeah, this week has been pretty good. 
Thanks for reading! 

-Äldste Treat

Wisdom
Teagan is here too!

I love care packages!!!!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment